Internet Privacy & Cookies Policy
- What Information Do We Collect
- What we do with your information
- Our Security Policy
- Links to other website
- Your Rights
- Contact Us
What Information Do We Collect.
We may collect the following Information:
- Name and address information;
- Contact information including email address and phone number;
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and or offers;
- Information about your use of this website or services, including IP Address, duration of use, pages visited, referring websites etc;
What we do with your information
APW Trading Ltd may use your personal information to:
- Administer this website;
- Personalise this website for you;
- Internal record keeping;
- Order processing;
- We will use this information to improve our products and services;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers and other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address that you have provided, these emails will only be sent to users who have opted in to receiving such offers.
Our Security Policy
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
A List of Cookies that we use
Standard Cookies use to run our website.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|external_no_cache||A flag that indicates if caching is disabled.|
|persistent_shopping_cart||The session key.|
|Stf||If product links were sent to friends, stores the timestamps in the format: $timeStamp1, $timestamp2, ..., $timestampN.|
|pollN||A poll ID that indicates if a vote has occurred.|
|guest-view||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
Google Analytics Cookies.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|_utma||Distinguishes users and sessions.|
|_utmb||Determines new sessions/visits.|
|_utmc||Determines if the user was in a new session/visit.|
|_utmz||Stores the traffic source or campaign that explains how the user reached your site.|
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- A right of access to your data
- A right to rectify any personal data held by APW Trading Ltd
- A right to erase any personal data that APW Trading Ltd no longer has a legitimate purpose to process
- A right of access to a machine-readable version of your data, as long as you have provided it or APW Trading Ltd has observed it via your use of a service. This is legally only applicable to data provided with your consent or under a contract, but we will endeavour to give you a portable version of any of your data should time and technology allow.
- A right to stop APW Trading Ltd processing any of your data that it does not have a legal or contractual obligation to process
- A right to prevent any wholly automated decisions involving your data – but rest assured, APW Trading Ltd does not use wholly automated decision-making techniques
- To exercise any of these rights, please contact [email protected],co.uk
If you have any concerns about APW Trading Ltd handling of your personal data, contact the Information Commissioner. See their website: www.ico.org.uk
APW Trading Ltd’s registration number with the ICO is ZA353592